Saturday, January 18, 2014

Goodbye, 2013

I hate to admit it. But I watched so many k-dramas last year that I'm not sure I can recall them all and I certainly can't even recall the names of the actors in them. So, I am resolving to do a better job of keeping track and posting updates here. I'll also try to do something more creative and fun with it this year.


I still have plenty to say about last years round of shows, however, I don't feel like writing it up. Instead, I'll categorize them as good, bad, and ugly.

The good...
  • The Master's Sun
  • Jung-Yi: Goddess of Fire
  • Flower Boy Next Door
  • Heirs
  • I Summon You, Gold
  • Your the Best, Lee Soon Shin
  • Secret
  • Wonderful Mama
  • Good Doctor
The bad...
  •  Her Legend
The ugly...
  • Nail Shop Paris (couldn't get through the whole series)
There are a few more that I have not finished watching yet for one reason or the other and, thus, I haven't categorized them any which way. This includes The Suspicious Housekeeper, Who are You, I Can Hear Your Voice, Gu Family Book, Marry Him if You Dare, and Golden Rainbow

Part of me is tempted to stick I Can Hear Your Voice in the bad category just because it looks like Lee Bo Young's character is going to reject Yoon Sang Hyun's character (part of the reason I stopped watching). In what world, fictional or otherwise, is that right?! It's Oska! Oska!

That all said, I am happy with the start to 2014. Let's Eat, Miss Korea, The Prime Minister & I (aka The Prime Minister is Dating) and My Love From Another Star are all worthy of viewing for anyone looking to satisfy their need for good romantic comedies/dramas.

All of them can be accessed either through services like Hulu and Dramafever on the internet. Viki also has a nice iPhone app that makes catching up on the shows with minimal commercials nice. But the translations are not always complete or timed properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment