Saturday, January 25, 2014

After School: Lucky or Not

5 out of 5 - Awesomesauce!

Instead of summarizing this drama, I have found a video clip posted by DramaFever. It is a great introduction to After School: Lucky or Not. This series consists of 12 - 15 minute episodes.


 

For all of the full episodes - go here.

Rating: 5 out of 5 
Recommendation: This is a must watch for me. It's fun and doesn't require a huge investment of time. When it is over, you've been part of a touching story and feel really good.
 
After School: Lucky or Not is an unexpected journey. It starts out silly with humor that largely consists of bathroom jokes and sexual innuendo - not a big surprise for a high school drama. Below the bathroom humor, though, there is a cleverness to the way each episode is constructed and how everything comes together. Without even realizing it, the audience becomes invested in these characters and the background story of the club's origins. I laughed. I cried. I smiled. I felt really good going into the closing scene of the final episode. It had a very satisfying ending, which is where most k-dramas tend to fall short. This is why I have awarded it my first ever 5 out of 5 soju bottles!

Another highlight of the series were Seo Kang Joon and Gong Myung. They were the glue that really kept this show together and I think they turned in the most well rounded performances among the cast. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we see both of these young actors taking on bigger and more challenging roles in the future.

Who is your favorite member of the club?

No comments:

Post a Comment