Saturday, February 15, 2014

Let's (Not) Eat

Let's Eat is one of the k-dramas that I'm currently following and, so far, I'm really enjoying it. For those not familiar with it, this drama centers around a group of foodies, their relationships with one another, and a strange murder/crime spree that brings them together. The series isn't over, yet, but after the most recent episode I felt compelled to write something.

For those that know me, my dislike of all things seafood is well known. There's no logical explanation why I should dislike it so much as I can't recall ever having a bad experience with seafood. But there is something about the smell and appearance of it that is completely off putting.

So, as I was watching this week's episode of Let's Eat, you can imagine my reaction to the crab eating scene that takes place about 40 minutes into it. Goo Do Young (Yoon Doo Joon) , Yoon Jin Yi (Yoon So Hee), and Oh Do Yeon (Lee Do Yeon) go to a restaurant that specializes in crabs marinated in soy sauce and they completely devour a huge bowl of it. There were so many close-ups of the dinner party gnawing and slurping on the crab bits that I was completely nauseated by the whole thing. It was a good 5 minutes of people shoving my least favorite food into their mouths! Gross.

Five minutes of my life that I can never get back...

No comments:

Post a Comment